What is the UK Investor Visa?
- Today we discuss the UK Investor Visa. And how you can move to the U.K. on this visa along with your family if you fulfill the criteria required.
- The UK immigration system offers a number of visa routes for experienced and prospective entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs typically utilize the Start-up, Innovator, and Representative of Overseas Business visas the most. Who are willing to set up and work for their own company in the UK or a UK-based branch or subsidiary of an existing overseas business. The Tier 1 Investor route is an alternative business category.
What is the Investor Visa (Tier 1)?
- Entrepreneurs who are willing to invest at least £2 million of their own funds in the UK registered, active, and trading company. Or companies may find the Tier 1 Investor visa to be the most flexible and attractive visa status to hold. Tier 1 Investor visas are aimed at high-net-worth individuals living outside the UK. Or in non-EU countries who are willing to make substantial financial investments in the UK.
- Under the Tier 1 visa, a person can study, work, or engage in business activities in the UK. They also have the liberty to bring their dependents into the country. A typical Tier 1 Investor visa leads to settlement in the UK after the completion of a five-year period. UK immigration laws allow for accelerated settlement periods with additional investment.
What are the requirements?
- To qualify for a Tier 1 Investor Visa, you must-
- Invest at least £2,000,000 in the UK.
- Be 18 years of age or over.
- Have a current passport or other valid travel identification.
- Have opened an account at a UK-regulated bank to use for your funds.
- Pay an application fee of £1,561 plus healthcare surcharges at the time of the application.
- Ensure investments are in share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies. Or pooled investments that receive funding from the UK or devolved government department or one of its agencies.
- Have a clear criminal record certificate from any country you have stayed in for a total of 12 months or more over the last 10 years.
- A tuberculosis test result.
- See that invested capital is not used to pay for management fees, transaction costs, or tax for buying and selling investments such that the £2 million thresholds is not met.
- Remove for use only interest and dividends from the investment.
- Evidence of Investment funds.
- In order to qualify for an Investor visa, candidates must invest within 90 days after entering the UK.
- The investments should be kept in the UK for the duration of the visa, and if they are sold at a loss, new ones must be purchased to make up the difference. Under the Tier 1 Visa requirements, funds invested through a trust or an offshore company, or companies primarily engaged in property-related investment ventures such as property development and management, do not count as investments.. You will need to provide evidence showing that you have the required investment funds.
If you are using your own money to invest, you should be able to show:
- It’s okay to use dirty money (we don’t accept dirty money).
- Where the money came from if you have had the money for less than 2 years, for example, you inherited it from a relative or a sale or divorce settlement or prize.
- Transferring the funds to the United Kingdom is possible (if they aren’t already there).
- If you are using your partner’s money to invest, you should be able to show-
- A certificate of marriage or civil partnership, or in the case of unmarried or same-sex relationships, proof that you are in a long-term relationship (at least 2 years).
- A statement from your partner confirming that they will allow you to control the funds in the UK.
- A letter from a legal adviser stating that the declaration is valid.
What is the Process?
- You can apply for Tier 1 visa online.
- You must pay £1,623 to apply for this visa.
- The fee is the same if you are extending or switching visas, or if you are applying as a family member. You will also need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application center (to get a biometric residence permit) as part of your application.
- Visas are usually approved in three weeks, and they last for up to three years and four months, or longer if the application meets certain requirements.
- All adults must be registered with the police within 3 months of their arrival in the UK on an investor visa. You must include all your dependants in your application.
- The inclusion of children who turned 18 during the initial visa period will only be possible if they are still financially dependent on you.
Extending your Visa
- You can apply to extend your visa if you:
- Have at least £2,000,000 under your control in the UK.
- Have invested those funds in share capital or loan capital in active UK companies.
- Invested this sum within 3 months of your investor start date.
- You must pay £1,623 to extend this visa, as well as the healthcare surcharges. Applications will take 8 weeks date (standard service) and 5 working days (priority service).
- Tier 1 Investor visa is one of the easiest visas to get. You do not need to prove your knowledge of English. Neither do you need to demonstrate where you studied or worked or show maintenance funds? You can bring all your immediate family members, including your spouse and children. The UK will allow you or your family to either study, work, or run a business there.
For expert assistance regarding this complex U.K. Investor Visa or for any other visa for the U.K., Contact email@example.com or WhatsApp us on 07583452230 and we can connect you to the right immigration law professional. Visit https://www.bizlawuk.co.uk to find out more about how we can help you with our other business services, check our 5-star testimonials and watch our Youtube channel or listen to our podcasts. If you find this information useful, please follow our social media platforms, like, and share.